Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Raphael Bircher <rb...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/24 21:35:12 UTC

Breaking my silance

Hi all

After nearly two years, I break my silence. I was focusing on my own
project. We established a NGO in Switzerland with two goals. First to
develop end run tools for communication and organization vor other
NGO's. second, to find, educate and train new developers. We focus on
people who fail in the standard education system.

Participate in a OSS Project will be a part of our training program. I
find it important to work on a international project. I will guide the
people when they start at the community. Even the swiss social
assurance (IV (Invaliden Versicherung) accepted a pilot project with
us. This is very surprising, because the IV is normally very
conservative and not open for new concepts.

At the moment we have five peoples in the organization. Two of them go
slowly ready to work in a project. The NGO is called Vefko and is
limited to Switzerland ad the moment.

I will be also at the ApacheCon EU. I'm really happy to be there, and
can't wait to meet you guys there!

Regards Raphael

Re: Breaking my silance

Posted by Isabel Drost-Fromm <is...@apache.org>.

Am 24. Juli 2019 23:35:12 MESZ schrieb Raphael Bircher <rb...@gmail.com>:
> Even the swiss social
>assurance (IV (Invaliden Versicherung) accepted a pilot project with
>us.

Congratulations.

>I will be also at the ApacheCon EU. I'm really happy to be there, and
>can't wait to meet you guys there!

Looking forward to meet you. You don't happen to be at FrOSCon by any chance?

Isabel

--
This message was sent with K-9 from a mobile device with swipe to type enabled. I'm sorry for any embarrassing typos that slipped through.

Re: Breaking my silance

Posted by Griselda Cuevas <gr...@google.com.INVALID>.
This is very exciting!

I started a similar group in Mexico, so we should connect definitely.