Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Håkon Clausen <hh...@nosyko.no> on 2012/09/17 09:54:19 UTC

Unable to get wingdings glyph in 1.1rc1

Hi,
I have wingdings font installed on my system
(http://webfonts.googlecode.com/files/wingding.ttf) and using attached fo
file. Under FOP 1.0 everything works as expected but in 1.1RC1 it failes
with:

Glyph "a" (0x61, a) not available in font "Wingdings-Regular".
Glyph "b" (0x62, b) not available in font "Wingdings-Regular".
Glyph "c" (0x63, c) not available in font "Wingdings-Regular".
Glyph "d" (0x64, d) not available in font "Wingdings-Regular".
Glyph "e" (0x65, e) not available in font "Wingdings-Regular".
Glyph "f" (0x66, f) not available in font "Wingdings-Regular".
Glyph "g" (0x67, g) not available in font "Wingdings-Regular".
Glyph "h" (0x68, h) not available in font "Wingdings-Regular".

Any advice or is this a bug?

--
Håkon Clausen
dRofus AS

Re: Unable to get wingdings glyph in 1.1rc1

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.
Attached is a dump (using the Adobe TTX tool) of relevant tables (most
particularly the cmap table), showing the encodings supported by this font
(according to the URL you provided above).

It looks like you need to use PUA codes. So, to get the same thing as the
Windows Wingding encoding of 0x78, you need to specify Unicode 0xF078, e.g.,

<fo:block font-family="Wingdings">&#**xF078;</fo:block>

Also, in the future, please post this type of question to the
fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org list, which is intended for usage
discussions. This is a DEV only list.

Regards,
Glenn

Posted by Håkon Clausen <hh...@nosyko.no>.

--
Håkon Clausen
dRofus AS

Re: Unable to get wingdings glyph in 1.1rc1

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.

Posted by Håkon Clausen <hh...@nosyko.no>.
Thanks,

--
Håkon Clausen
dRofus AS

Re: Unable to get wingdings glyph in 1.1rc1

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.