Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Zhu Zhu <zh...@apache.org> on 2020/09/10 07:03:58 UTC

[VOTE] Release 1.11.2, release candidate #1

Hi everyone,

Please review and vote on the release candidate #1 for the version 1.11.2,
as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* JIRA release notes [1],
* the official Apache source release and binary convenience releases to be
deployed to dist.apache.org [2], which are signed with the key with
fingerprint C63E230EFFF519A5BBF2C9AE6767487CD505859C [3],
* all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [4],
* source code tag "release-1.11.2-rc1" [5],
* website pull request listing the new release and adding announcement blog
post [6].

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by majority
approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

Thanks,
Zhu

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315522&version=12348575
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flink/flink-1.11.2-rc1/
[3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/flink/KEYS
[4] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1397/
[5]
https://github.com/apache/flink/commit/fe3613574f76201a8d55d572a639a4ce7e18a9db
[6] https://github.com/apache/flink-web/pull/377

Re: [VOTE] Release 1.11.2, release candidate #1

Posted by Yang Wang <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

* Build from source and check the signature, checksum
* Check the K8s notice file is correct since the pom has changed
* Run standalone session/application clusters on K8s
* Run native Flink session/application clusters on K8s

Best,
Yang

Dian Fu <di...@gmail.com> 于2020年9月15日周二 上午10:11写道:

Posted by Zhu Zhu <re...@gmail.com>.
Thank you all for helping to test and verify the release!
The vote has lasted for more than 72 hours and it already has enough
approvals.
I will finalize the vote result soon in a separate email.

Thanks,
Zhu

Zhijiang <wa...@aliyun.com.invalid> 于2020年9月15日周二 下午12:12写道:

From:Dian Fu <di...@gmail.com>
Send Time:2020年9月15日(星期二) 10:11
To:dev <de...@flink.apache.org>
Subject:Re: [VOTE] Release 1.11.2, release candidate #1

- checked the diff for dependencies changes since 1.11.1: https://github.com/apache/flink/compare/release-1.11.1..release-1.11.2-rc1 <https://github.com/apache/flink/compare/release-1.11.1..release-1.11.2-rc1>

Posted by Dian Fu <di...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Xingbo Huang <hx...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Fabian Paul <fa...@data-artisans.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
Thanks a lot for putting a release candidate together!

+1

Checks:
- Manually checked the git diff
https://github.com/apache/flink/compare/release-1.11.1..release-1.11.2-rc1
  - in flink-kubernetes, the shading configuration got changed, but the
NOTICE file is correct (checked the shade plugin output)
- maven clean install from source
- checked staging repo files

Note: I observed that in one local build from source the log/ directory was
missing. I could not reproduce this issue (and I triggered the build before
the weekend .. maybe I did something weird in between). I believe this is a
problem caused by me, but it would be nice if you could keep your eyes open
for this issue, just to make sure.

Posted by Zhu Zhu <re...@gmail.com>.
Thank you all for the verification and voting!

@Robert
I tried building from sources again and the log/ dir is there.
I will keep watching if anyone else encounters this problem.

Thanks,
Zhu

Congxian Qiu <qc...@gmail.com> 于2020年9月14日周一 下午7:47写道:

Posted by Congxian Qiu <qc...@gmail.com>.