Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Cory Johns <jo...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/14 18:39:57 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release of Apache Allura 1.0.1 (incubating)

Hello,

This thread is for discussion on the Apache Allura 1.0.1 (incubating)
release.

Please raise any questions or concerns here, and leave the [VOTE] thread
for voting responses only.

Thanks & Regards

Re: [DISCUSS] Release of Apache Allura 1.0.1 (incubating)

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
On 10/15/13 10:46 AM, Dave Brondsema wrote:
> On 10/14/13 12:39 PM, Cory Johns wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> This thread is for discussion on the Apache Allura 1.0.1 (incubating)
>> release.
>>
>> Please raise any questions or concerns here, and leave the [VOTE] thread
>> for voting responses only.
>>

>> Thanks & Regards
>>

> I was looking through the list we compiled at
> https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/wiki/ASF%20Release%20Guidelines/ and am
> wondering about "Incubation DISCLAIMER included."  I'm not seeing anything like
> that.
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html#disclaimers looks like the
> policy for how it should be done.  And
> http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html mentions it too.
>
> I've added the disclaimer to our website/wiki at
> https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/

I've also wanted to create a proper README and move the current one to INSTALL.
 I've made those changes on db/readme if we want to include them in our next
attempt.  https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/git/ci/db/readme/~/log/?path=

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal

Re: [DISCUSS] Release of Apache Allura 1.0.1 (incubating)

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.

Posted by Daniel Hinojosa <dh...@slashdotmedia.com>.
Hi Dave,

Are we not getting the traction we need? If so, who do we need to prod?

Thank you,

d.

--
*Daniel Hinojosa*
*Community Manager, SourceForge / Slashdot Media*

Re: [DISCUSS] Release of Apache Allura 1.0.1 (incubating)

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.

Posted by Christopher Tsai <ct...@slashdotmedia.com>.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
+1 (covering all bases ;) )

Posted by Roberto Galoppini <ro...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
On 10/14/13 12:39 PM, Cory Johns wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This thread is for discussion on the Apache Allura 1.0.1 (incubating)
> release.
>
> Please raise any questions or concerns here, and leave the [VOTE] thread
> for voting responses only.
>

> Thanks & Regards

We should do a new run of the "rat" audit so it matches the release exactly
(we've added a few new files in this release candidate, and the release doesn't
include the LICENSE files in subdirs).  Here's what I get:
https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/pastebin/525eea8f485acd3ba7c37a22

I think this is only significant for the incubator general VOTE email, and we
don't need to adjust anything in our current VOTE here.

All my other checks are looking good so a far..