Posted to users@camel.apache.org by sharathbabuk <sh...@hotmail.com> on 2014/10/29 19:42:46 UTC

Re: HTTP Basic Authentication

The preemptive authentication with HTTPS does not seem to work with
"Camel-Http"
It works only with "camel-http4"

But I have a limitation on my container ( websphere application server 7.x )
so cannot use "camel-http4" - does anyone know if this should work with
"camel-http" ??

== here is my camel XML DSL ======

	<camel:sslContextParameters id="sslContextParameters">
		<camel:keyManagers keyPassword="{{ssl.store.pass}}">
			<camel:keyStore resource="{{ssl.store.path}}"
				password="{{ssl.store.pass}}" />
		</camel:keyManagers>
	</camel:sslContextParameters>

	<setHeader headerName="CamelHttpMethod">
		<constant>POST</constant>
	</setHeader>
		<setHeader headerName="Content-Type">
		<constant>application/json</constant>
	</setHeader>
	<setExchangePattern pattern="InOut" />
uri="https:{{host}}{{auditWs.url}}?sslContextParameters=sslContextParameters%26authUsername={{auditWsAuthUsername}}%26authPassword={{auditWsAuthPassword}}%26authenticationPreemptive=true%26bridgeEndpoint=true%26throwExceptionOnFailure=false"

===
I get  a 401 ERROR when I use "camel-http"

Re: HTTP Basic Authentication

Posted by Joakim Bjørnstad <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Are you using the http component?

http://camel.apache.org/http.html

There is a section on authentication there.

Example:

from("http://examples.com/rest/hello?"
                + "authMethod=Basic"
                + "&authUsername=User"
                + "&authPassword=Password")
                .to("mock:answer");

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 1:29 PM, zied123456 <zi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I try to send request to a webservice with camel and i dont found how to
> set
> httplogin and httppass with
> POJO i can do this:
>
> final String s =  my_httpLogin+":"+my_httpPwd;
> final byte[] authBytes = s.getBytes(StandardCharsets.UTF_8);
> final String encoded = Base64.getEncoder().encodeToString(authBytes);
>
> and i set it in the header like this:
>
> con.setRequestProperty("Authorization", "Basic " + encoded);
>
> How can i do this with Camel Route ?

Kind regards
Joakim Bjørnstad

Re: HTTP Basic Authentication

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Please setup the option of httpClient.authenticationPreemptive to be true.
You can find more information here[1] by searching authenticationPreemptive.

[1]https://camel.apache.org/http

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.