Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Chad Woodhead <ch...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/13 14:32:49 UTC

AmbariReportingTask help

I was looking for some clarification on the AmbariReportingTask, and specifically the metrics FlowFilesReceivedLast5Minutes and BytesReceivedLast5Minutes.

Looking at the configuration for AmbariReportingTask, it has the property ‘Process Group ID’ and explains that if left blank, the root process group is used and global metrics are sent. (I have ‘Process Group ID’ set to blank in my AmbariReportingTask)  So for global metrics on the root process group, what does it use as a metric for FlowFilesReceived? All processors or just the first processor in a flow considered for this metric? Is there a way to see these metrics on the root process group in NiFi similar to ‘Status History’ on a component?

Thanks,
Chad

Re: AmbariReportingTask help

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Chad,

The custom Processor would just need to be emitting a Provenance RECEIVE event (if the processor receives data as a new FlowFile)
or a FETCH event (if the processor is changing the contents of an existing FlowFile by pulling data from an external source).

The framework will then handle the rest.

Thanks
-Mark

Posted by Chad Woodhead <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hey Mark,