Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jeremy Quinn <je...@apache.org> on 2006/11/19 15:31:00 UTC

Calling namespaced JavaScript from the SItemap

Hi Guys

I am experimenting with namespaced Javascript for FlowScript functions.

I am trying to call this FlowScript from this sitemap and I am
getting 'not found' errors :

Sitemap :
<map:match pattern="system/upload/*">
   <map:call function="System.Upload.{1}">
     <map:parameter name="catalogue" value="messages"/>
     <map:parameter name="location" value="i18n"/>
   </map:call>
</map:match>

FlowScript :
// setup the extensible namespace
var System = System || {};
System.Upload = System.Upload || {};

// test the namespace's existence for debugging
print("System : " + (System != undefined));               // shows
'true'
print("System.Upload : " + (System.Upload != undefined)); // shows
'true'

// the target function
System.Upload.status = function() {
	// snip the function body
};

// test to see if the function exists
print("System.Upload.status : " + typeof System.Upload.status); //
shows "function"

Here is a snippet from the stacktrace :

org.apache.cocoon.ResourceNotFoundException: Function
"javascript:System.Upload.status()" not found
	at <map:call> - file:/Users/Shared/Development/Checkouts/FiveOne/
Uploader/application/webapp/sitemap.xmap:117:43
	at <map:mount> - file:/Users/Shared/Development/Checkouts/Apache/
Cocoon/Cocoon_2_1_X/build/webapp/sitemap.xmap:1397:57
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.javascript.fom.FOM_JavaScriptInterpret
er.callFunction(FOM_JavaScriptInterpreter.java:749)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.CallFunctionNode.invo
ke(CallFunctionNode.java:139)

It looks like Rhino is unable to detect the function at this line :

FOM_JavaScriptInterpreter: line 747 :

	Object fun = ScriptableObject.getProperty(thrScope, funName);

Where ScriptableObject is org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptableObject

This style of coding usually works fine, just not when called from
the Sitemap though .....

Does anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong, or is this a known
issue ?

Many thanks

regards Jeremy

Re: Calling namespaced JavaScript from the SItemap

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@apache.org>.
On 19 Nov 2006, at 14:31, Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> Hi Guys
>
> I am experimenting with namespaced Javascript for FlowScript
> functions.

Sorry, I realise there is another thread discussing this :(

I will test the patch.

regards Jeremy