Posted to user@ant.apache.org by karthik <ka...@xius.org> on 2006/07/03 06:19:38 UTC

Ant JSP Compilation Please.

Hi form

  I had alook at Tomcat5's Ant build technique for JSP compilation

  and could not figure how to configure the build.xml for file / folder based compilation

  Can some body give some ant code snippet  for the following

  1)Able to compile a single argumented "Jsp" file.

  2)Able to Compile a single folder Argumented "Jsp" folder.

  3)Able to Compile a multiple folder Argumented "Jsp" folder.

with regards
Karthik

Re: Ant JSP Compilation Please.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
karthik wrote:
> Hi form
>

>   I had alook at Tomcat5's Ant build technique for JSP compilation
>
>   and could not figure how to configure the build.xml for file / folder based compilation
>
>   Can some body give some ant code snippet  for the following
>

>   1)Able to compile a single argumented "Jsp" file.
>
>   2)Able to Compile a single folder Argumented "Jsp" folder.
>
>   3)Able to Compile a multiple folder Argumented "Jsp" folder.

I cant help you as I have found precompilation more trouble than it is
worth, and no longer recommend it.

What I do now instead is use HttpUnit to fetch every single JSP page
that I have in the app, after deploying it. That combines a functional
test of the application with the building of the JSP pages in the app
server that will host them.

-steve

Re: Ant JSP Compilation Please.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
karthik wrote:
> Hi form
>

>   I had alook at Tomcat5's Ant build technique for JSP compilation
>
>   and could not figure how to configure the build.xml for file / folder based compilation
>
>   Can some body give some ant code snippet  for the following
>

>   1)Able to compile a single argumented "Jsp" file.
>
>   2)Able to Compile a single folder Argumented "Jsp" folder.
>
>   3)Able to Compile a multiple folder Argumented "Jsp" folder.
>

> with regards
> Karthik

Karthik. What was wrong with the suggestions we made earlier, that of
using httpunit to fetch the deployed pages, combining testing with
compilation?

-steve

RE: Ant JSP Compilation Please.