Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Viljo Marrandi <vi...@inspiral.net> on 2003/02/13 09:29:05 UTC

Re: Server returns nothing (solved)

Hello,

My code checks $tt->error() and it didn't show anything. But I found the
problem, it still was perl and it was very, very stupid mistake. In that
weird module I defined:

DBIx::Recordset::Fetchsizewarn = 0;

while the correct is:

$DBIx::Recordset::Fetchsizewarn = 0;

Only one missing $ ! Can anyone explain why server acted so weirdly
beacuse of this error? Why it didn't show anything at all in error_log? At
least next time I know...

Best regards,
Viljo

Posted by Viljo Marrandi <vi...@inspiral.net>.
Yes, even warnings was used.

Viljo

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Viljo Marrandi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Yes, use strict; was in all modules, this makes it even more interesting,
> doesn't it?

use warnings; ?

Re: Server returns nothing (solved)

Posted by Ged Haywood <ge...@www2.jubileegroup.co.uk>.
Hi there,

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Viljo Marrandi wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Ged Haywood wrote:
>
> > Hi there,
> >
> > On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Viljo Marrandi wrote:
> >
> > > DBIx::Recordset::Fetchsizewarn = 0;
> > >
> > > while the correct is:
> > >
> > > $DBIx::Recordset::Fetchsizewarn = 0;
> > >
> > > Only one missing $ ! Can anyone explain why server acted so weirdly
> > > beacuse of this error? Why it didn't show anything at all in error_log?
> >
> > Did you
> >
> > use strict;
>
> Yes, use strict; was in all modules, this makes it even more interesting,
> doesn't it?

Hmmm.  This tells me that what we think is happening in your machine
isn't what is really happening.  (But it's often that way.:)
I think you will either have to take out that character and debug it,
or else forget all about it and get on with the rest of the project...

:)

73,
Ged.

Re: Server returns nothing (solved)