Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Jose Luis Carrasco <jc...@citt.net> on 2002/11/12 18:46:20 UTC

How to get rundata from a porlet ?

Hi !

    I need to take the rundata , calling it from a porlet. It can't be pased like a variable. I'm tying to get by JetspeedRunDataService.getCurrentData but it don't look that it's the correct maner. Somebody have any solution ??

Thanks.

José Carrasco

RE: Migration to Jetspeed from a straight Turbine app

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Jetspeed is a Turbine application, and we do make use of Velocity
extensively.
So it should be easy to convert things like Turbine actions to
VelocityPortlet actions, or associating Velocity screens with portlets
should be painless.

Migration to Jetspeed from a straight Turbine app

Posted by Bruce Altner <ba...@hq.nasa.gov>.
Greetings;

We're about midway through Phase 1 development of a portal application
based on Turbine 2.1/Velocity. A new requirement to make this compliant
with the portlet standard that is on the horizon in 2003 has triggered
renewed interest in Jetspeed as a portal framework to replace the custom
one we've built in-house. Does anyone have experience migrating a Turbine
application to the Jetspeed framework? Because of the close relationship
between Turbine and Jetspeed one might expect that this shouldn't be too
difficult but life is never that simple and I'm looking for the hidden
quicksand. I'd love to hear from anyone who has survived such a journey.

Thanks, in advance.
Bruce

Re: How to get rundata from a porlet ?

Posted by Mike ERRECART <mi...@qualipse.fr>.
have you tried this ?

(i think it works, but i didn't re-test it) :

RunData rd = (RunData) session.getAttribute("rundata");

I don't really know if it's a "good pratice", but i think i made it work in
the past...

regards.

Mike from France

Tomcat, Jetspeed and Solaris 8

Posted by Thomas Malmberg <th...@endero.com>.
Hi, this must be a very trivial question but anyway... will Jetspeed nad
Tomcat run on Solaris 8 / Sun ?

Re: How to get rundata from a porlet ?

Posted by Jose Luis Carrasco <jc...@citt.net>.
Great !

    Thank you ! Was for make the title of the porlet with some parameters
without change the template.

Good code !

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.