Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org> on 2019/03/01 17:01:14 UTC

Re: guacd - parallel builds

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 10:43 PM Robert Dinse <na...@eskimo.com> wrote:

>       Something is wrong that causes parallel builds of guacd to fail.
> When
> I first made it I used make -j13 to fully take advantage of a six core
> processor.  It said vnc not supported even though it was configured in.

Hmmmm...I use parallel builds routinely without problems - I'm usually
doing "make -j5" to optimize for a 2-core system, but it works fine for
me.  I'm generally building on CentOS7,

-Nick

Re: guacd - parallel builds

Posted by Robert Dinse <na...@eskimo.com>.
      Platform I was building on is Ubuntu 18.10, processor is an i7-6850
which is six core, 12 threads, I use j13 so it uses all the threads plus
accounts for at least one process in disk I/O.  If I use parallel builds,
the resulting guacd acts randomly, sometimes some features like vnc aren't
there, other times it gives weird errors and exits immediately but non-parallel
build went fine several times.

    Knowledgeable human assistance, not telephone trees or script readers.