Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by SYSE | Edvin <es...@syse.no> on 2011/07/23 20:23:15 UTC

Does someone have time to check my patch for PIVOT-276?

Hi guys,

I uploaded a patch for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIVOT-276
about two weeks ago, that adds a complete solution for a GridView in
Pivot. Did anyone have time to take a look at it? Any comments? :)

Sincerely,
Edvin Syse

Re: Does someone have time to check my patch for PIVOT-276?

Posted by SYSE | Edvin <es...@syse.no>.
OK, thanks Sandro :)

-- Edvin

Posted by Edvin Syse <es...@syse.no>.
On 08/10/2011 05:02 PM, Chris Bartlett wrote:
> On 10 August 2011 21:26, Chris Bartlett<cb...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> I am not 100% sure of the intended behaviour of Container...
>
> That was supposed to say
> 'I am not 100% sure of the intended behaviour of *this* Container'
>
> But even that would have been wrong, as this is not a Container, but a
> data driven Component.

Hehe.. right :) I'll fix the things you commented on and submit a new
Patch for review, hopefully during this coming weekend.

-- Edvin

Re: Does someone have time to check my patch for PIVOT-276?

Posted by Chris Bartlett <cb...@gmail.com>.

SV: Does someone have time to check my patch for PIVOT-276?

Posted by Edvin Syse <es...@syse.no>.
>I am currently trying to finish off some Pivot event related unit test code, so this new Component would be a perfect candidate to get a full set of event/ListenerList tests.
>Did you check to see if it still works with the ComponentExplorer patch I added?  I imagine it will do as my patch doesn't do much more that create an instance and give it some data.

I didn't try, but I looked at the code, and I'm sure it will still work :))

-- Edvin

Re: Does someone have time to check my patch for PIVOT-276?

Posted by Chris Bartlett <cb...@gmail.com>.
That was quick!  I will have another look as soon as I can find the time.

I am currently trying to finish off some Pivot event related unit test
code, so this new Component would be a perfect candidate to get a full
set of event/ListenerList tests.

Did you check to see if it still works with the ComponentExplorer
patch I added?  I imagine it will do as my patch doesn't do much more
that create an instance and give it some data.

Chris

Posted by Chris Bartlett <cb...@gmail.com>.
No problem.  If you are willing and able to do the hard work, then
someone should be willing to help you out, especially when you turn in
new patches so quickly.

Yes, with those 3 things fixed it should certainly look and feel
right, so now we just have to concentrate on some testing.

I'll try to look at the new version tomorrow.

Chris

Posted by Chris Bartlett <cb...@gmail.com>.
The new patch looks good in ComponentExplorer.
I'll take a look at it more closely as soon as I find the time.

Posted by Edvin Syse <es...@syse.no>.

Posted by Chris Bartlett <cb...@gmail.com>.
Edvin,

Posted by Edvin Syse <es...@syse.no>.
Hi Chris,

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi, I agree with Chris, we can see later in detail some key handling, maybe
configurable even with some style (for example the ability at the end of a
row to stay in the same cell, or to go to the first element of the next row
if any, or to return to the first cell in the same row, etc).

Posted by Chris Bartlett <cb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Bartlett <cb...@gmail.com>.
Edvin,

Posted by Chris Bartlett <cb...@gmail.com>.