Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Renato Salazar <e9...@pucp.edu.pe> on 2001/06/01 01:51:08 UTC

Re: Apache -> Tomcat Examples not working

Hello Steve,

I've tried the way you recommend and it doesn't work
(but apache and tomcat work fine separately)...besides
as far as i'm concerned Tomcat-Apache is suppoused to
work only modifying mod_jk.conf (mod_jk.conf-auto) and
httpd.conf files.
I have the same problem than Phillip but I got 403
("Forbidden. You don't have permission to
access /examples directory"), the same as I don't use
Tomcat, either Apache can't connect Tomcat or Apache
don't realize what requests belong to Tomcat (it
definitely has to do with mod_jk.so connector).
Also, I'd like to know if I have to change any line
(wherever) after enabling ajp13 if I want it to be my
default.
Thanks in advance.

Renato

ps: I don't have SSL enabled, could it be the problem??

http://localhost:8000/examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample
> (8000 is the default port for http used by most
> browsers).  Tomcat's listening on 8080, so it doesn't
> respond.
>
> you need to edit the server.xml file to change the
> port number that Tomcat listens on.  See the faq at
> http://jakarta.apache.org:8080/jyve-
faq/Turbine/screen/DisplayQuestionAnswer/action/SetAll/pr
oject_id/2/faq_id/12/topic_id/42/question_id/389

http://localhost:8080/examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample
> > however if I use
> > http://localhost/examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample
> > I get a 404 (the same w/ the sample JSP pages as
> > well).
> >
> > Since I am attempting to have Apache serve Static
> > content and Tomcat serve JSP's I have already
> > installed mod_jk and am using the stock
> > mod_jk.conf-auto include in my httpd.conf file..
> >
> > Is there something I'm missing?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> > -Phillip

only $35