Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by simran <si...@leonardchristian.com> on 2002/03/15 09:11:33 UTC

How to tell httpd where the conf/mime.types file is...

Hi All,

When i run:

/home/simran/netchant/bin/httpd -f
/home/simran/netchant/conf/myhttpd.conf i get the following error

[Fri Mar 15 19:11:10 2002] [error] (2)No such file or directory: could
not open mime types log file /home/simran/netchant/conf/mime.types.

This is probably because i define my 'ServerRoot' in myhttpd.conf to be
/home/simran/netchant. However, i have the mime.types file elsewhere on
the system. I can put a symlink in from my netchant/conf/mime.types file
to the real one, but is there a way i can just tell httpd to look in a
different directory for the mime.types file?

simran.

Re: How to tell httpd where the conf/mime.types file is...

Posted by Daniel Lopez <da...@rawbyte.com>.
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_mime.html#typesconfig

But, come on, you could have look up this one easily in the manual (or
google, "mime type apache" takes you there :)