Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Niels Basjes <Ni...@basjes.nl> on 2015/12/14 16:25:18 UTC

Tiny topology shows '0' for all stats.

Hi,

I have a very small topology here.
In fact this is a thing that generates synthetic data and puts it into
Kafka.
When looking at the web UI I see that all counters (i.e. Bytes
received, Records
received, Bytes sent,  Records sent) all remain 0.
I verified and I'm seeing thousands of records arriving into Kafka.

Is this a bug in Flink or am I misinterpreting the meaning of these numbers?

Niels Basjes

Re: Tiny topology shows '0' for all stats.

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.
To sum this up, the web dashboard stats are Flink network stats. If you job
has no network communication, its all zero.

Posted by Niels Basjes <Ni...@basjes.nl>.
@Nick: That is what I read in the current description and comments.

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Niels Basjes <Ni...@basjes.nl>.