Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Brett W. McCoy" <bm...@chapelperilous.net> on 2001/03/08 21:23:18 UTC

SSLRequireSSL

I am using Apache + mod_ssl with Tomcat, and can't seem to get certain
directives to work with Tomcat files.

I have something like this:

<Directory "D:/dev/public_html/Login">
SSLRequireSSL
</Directory>

in my httpd.conf, within the 443 virtual host , but acessing the URL in
question without https:// still works, which it shouldn't.  It should be
denying access to non-SSL enabled connections and only allowing encrypted
connections.

I have mod_jk.conf included before all of my SSL stuff, but this doesn't
seem to matter.  Even putting my JKMount directives inside the virtual
host section doesn't make a difference, non-SSL connections are still
going through and not being denied.  Is there something in Tomcat I also
need to configure?

I should point out that I am not enabling SSL for the entire site, just
specific directories and files within the site.

-- Brett
				http://www.chapelperilous.net/~bmccoy/