Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Julien Nioche <li...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/19 11:29:49 UTC

Worker profiling on 1.2.1

Hi,

I am using Storm 1.2.1 and want to profile my workers. I've set
*worker.profiler.enabled* to true in the config and the UI's showing the
values below so everything should be fine. I've modified the childopts so
that it works with Oracle Java 9 and flight.bash works when I run it
manually.

worker.profiler.childopts

"-XX:+UnlockCommercialFeatures -XX:+FlightRecorder"

worker.profiler.command

"flight.bash"

worker.profiler.enabled

true

I have 'Jstack', 'Restart worker' and 'Heap' available as actions and
clickable when I select a worker but there is nothing about profiling. The
documentation on
http://storm.apache.org/releases/1.2.1/dynamic-worker-profiling.html
<http://storm.apache.org/releases/1.2.1/dynamic-worker-profiling.html> does
not mention anything specific.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks

Julien

--

*Open Source Solutions for Text Engineering*

http://www.digitalpebble.com
http://digitalpebble.blogspot.com/
#digitalpebble <http://twitter.com/digitalpebble>

Re: Worker profiling on 1.2.1

Posted by Roshan Naik <ro...@yahoo.com>.
What I suggested is an alternative if you are running into issues with. It will enable profiling on startup. With this method you will have to manually fire up the profiler to attach it to the worker.. and not via the web UI buttons.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Thursday, March 22, 2018, 2:05 AM, Julien Nioche <li...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Roshan,
Whether I change it in the topology config or in the main one should not make any difference, should it? And that doesn't explain why I am not seeing the start profiling option at all?
Thanks
Julien

On 22 March 2018 at 06:26, Roshan Naik <ro...@yahoo.com> wrote:

 you can set any java options to enable java profilers via the topology.worker.childopts when submitting the topology.

-Roshan

On Monday, March 19, 2018, 4:29 AM, Julien Nioche <lists.digitalpebble@gmail.com > wrote:

Hi,
I am using Storm 1.2.1 and want to profile my workers. I've set worker.profiler.enabled to true in the config and the UI's showing the values below so everything should be fine. I've modified the childopts so that it works with Oracle Java 9 and flight.bash works when I run it manually.

| worker.profiler.childopts | "-XX:+UnlockCommercialFeatures -XX:+FlightRecorder" |
| worker.profiler.command | "flight.bash" |
| worker.profiler.enabled | true |

I have 'Jstack', 'Restart worker' and 'Heap' available as actions and clickable when I select a worker but there is nothing about profiling. The documentation on http://storm.apache.org/ releases/1.2.1/dynamic-worker- profiling.html  does not mention anything specific.
Am I missing something here?
Thanks
Julien

Re: Worker profiling on 1.2.1

Posted by Julien Nioche <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roshan,

Re: Worker profiling on 1.2.1

Re: Worker profiling on 1.2.1

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Julien for providing the patch! Will take a look.

2018년 3월 27일 (화) 오후 10:46, Julien Nioche <li...@gmail.com>님이
작성:

Re: Worker profiling on 1.2.1

Posted by Julien Nioche <li...@gmail.com>.