Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Gest, Stephen B" <st...@hp.com> on 2006/03/22 22:28:48 UTC

Problem with M2 on Windows Servers - running tests

Hello,

We have a Java-based maven multi-project for which we've been using
Maven 1.0 successfully for several months.
We've recently upgraded to Maven 2.0.2, and for some of our systems, the
upgrade went successfully.
However, for two of our Windows systems, when we try and build the
project using Maven 2, we get the
following error. We are able to perform an "mvn clean" successfully on
those machines, and also
Java compilation succeeds. It's just running the tests that fails. When
the tests fail, under the "target"
directory exists a "classes" and a "test-classes" subdirectory, but no
"report" directory.

Any help you can give would be much appreciated.

Stephen

+ Error stacktraces are turned on.
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Reactor build order:
[INFO]   Web Service Framework for CME
[INFO]   WSF Common
[INFO]   WSF Provider Interface
[INFO]   WSF Hibernate Provider
[INFO]   WSF Model
[INFO]   WSF Object Server Provider
[INFO]   WSF Object Server Plugin
[INFO]   WSF Axis Demo Library
[INFO]   WSF Service Common
[INFO]   Axis integration
[INFO]   WSF Hibernate Demo Web-Application
[INFO]   WSF Object Server Demo Web-Application
[INFO]   WSF System Tests Common
[INFO]   WSF System Tests Hibernate
[INFO]   WSF System Tests Obs
[INFO]   WSF System Tests
[INFO]
----
[INFO] Building Web Service Framework for CME
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
----
[INFO] Skipping missing optional mojo:
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:attach-descriptor
[INFO] [source:jar {execution: default}]
[INFO] NOT adding java-sources to attached artifacts for packaging:
'pom'.
[INFO] [install:install]
[INFO] Installing D:\project\wsf\pom.xml to C:\Documents and
Settings\stgest\.m2\repository\com\hp\ov\obs\obs-wsf\1.0pre6-SNAPSHOT\ob
s-wsf-1.0pre6-SNAPSHOT.pom
[INFO]
----
[INFO] Building WSF Common
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
----
[INFO] [resources:resources]
[INFO] [compiler:compile]
[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
[INFO] [resources:testResources]
[INFO] [compiler:testCompile]
[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
[INFO] [surefire:test]
[INFO] Setting reports dir:
D:\project\wsf\obs-ws-common\target/surefire-reports
[INFO]
----
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
----
[INFO] There are some test failure.
[INFO]
----
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: There are some
test failure.
 at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Default
LifecycleExecutor.java:556)
 at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifec
ycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:472)
 at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultL
ifecycleExecutor.java:451)
 at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandle
Failures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:303)
 at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:270)
 at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifec
ycleExecutor.java:139)
 at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)
 at
a:39)
 at
Impl.java:25)
 at
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: There are
some test failure.
 at
org.apache.maven.test.SurefirePlugin.execute(SurefirePlugin.java:384)
 at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginMa
nager.java:415)
 at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Default
LifecycleExecutor.java:531)
 ... 16 more
[INFO]
----
[INFO] Total time: 5 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Mar 22 14:17:55 MST 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 4M/8M
[INFO]
----

Re: Problem with M2 on Windows Servers - running tests

Posted by Thorsten Heit <th...@xtramind.com>.