Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2009/03/25 14:31:19 UTC

[DBCP] 'undeprecate' abandoned functionality

Folks,

The abandoned functionality was originally deprecated because abandoned
connections were returned to the pool opening up the possibility of all sorts of
mischief / bugs. This was changed some time ago to remove abandoned connections
from the pool and close them.

Given this change, I see no reason to keep the various abandoned classes marked
as deprecated. Therefore, I'd like to propose removing the deprecation from
these classes.

Any objections?

Mark

Re: [DBCP] 'undeprecate' abandoned functionality

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
+1

Phil