Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Suratna Budalakoti <su...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2009/06/24 03:37:12 UTC

Can you tell if a particular mapper was data local ?

Hi all,

Is there any way to tell, from logs, or by reading/setting a counter, whether a particular mapper was data local, i.e., it ran on the same node as its input data?

Thanks,
Suratna

Re: Can you tell if a particular mapper was data local ?

Posted by Bradford Stephens <br...@gmail.com>.
(Correct me if I'm wrong), but I think you can tell though the Hadoop
Web UI -- it'll show a count of which map tasks are data-local. You
can then click on that to see a list of all the tasks there, and drill
down to see which nodes those tasks ran on.