Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org> on 2003/03/16 19:00:25 UTC

Re: issue tracking

joe panico wrote:

> From both the user and source perspective, Bugzilla is basically what you
>would expect if a couple of high school students decided to spend a weekend
>writing some perl code while on a bad mushroom trip.

this is really something that should be discussed on the developer list
and not the user list...

>I noticed that some jakarta projects (e.g. FileUpload) are using Scarab rather
>than Bugzilla. I've been using Scarab for almost a year now and I can tell you
>that it's just decades ahead of Bugzilla.
>
>Any chance Tapestry can use Scarab rather than Bugzilla?

One caution, the Scarab install is currently hosted outside of Apache.
Therefore you're at the mercy of whomever
is hosting it.

I had originally volunteered to install it here (or upgrade it rather)
but some other folks had more passion for the issue
and I didn't care to step on their toes.

I'm sure if a committer volunteers to maintain the scarab install that
some progress could be made (and I'm fairly sure they'd
be granted access); however, I'm equally certain that it won't happen
otherwise.

-Andy

Re: issue tracking

Posted by Christian Sell <ch...@netcologne.de>.
I have seen other Jakarta projects (Jelly?) use Jira from atalassian.
What about that?

Christian

Re: issue tracking

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.