Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by "Lefrancois, Carl" <Ca...@axa-canada.com> on 2008/04/15 16:43:28 UTC

abstract base type support

Hello,

Can someone confirm that WSDL2C does not support WSDLs with abstract
base types?
The XML documents generated by my WSDL2C stubs have validation errors
referring to missing xsi:type attributes. I think the passage below from
the Databinding framework reference [1] says that there is no support
for generation of xsi:type attributes yet:

Known Limitations
ADB is meant to be a 'Simple' databinding framework and was not meant to
compile all types of schemas. The following limitations are the most
highlighted.
1. Complex Type Extensions and Restrictions.

If there is some way to enable generation of xsi:type attributes, can
someone kindly point it out? If this is not a supported feature, are
there any plans for it to be added later, or some effort already
underway?

Carl
[1] http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_3/adb/adb-howto.html
  _____

"Ce message est confidentiel, a l'usage exclusif du destinataire
ci-dessus et son contenu ne represente en aucun cas un engagement de la
part de AXA, sauf en cas de stipulation expresse et par ecrit de la part
de AXA. Toute publication, utilisation ou diffusion, meme partielle,
doit etre autorisee prealablement. Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de ce
message, merci d'en avertir immediatement l'expediteur."

"This e-mail message is confidential, for the exclusive use of the
addressee and its contents shall not constitute a commitment by AXA,
except as otherwise specifically provided in writing by AXA. Any
unauthorized disclosure, use or dissemination, either whole or partial,
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of the message,
please notify the sender immediately."

Re: abstract base type support

Posted by Dimuthu Gamage <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi Carl,

Currently WSDL2C doesn't' support abstract base types with
complexContent extension and restriction which requires xsi:type
attribute. But WSDL2C is tested with complexContent other than
abstract base types.

In order to have this functionality, we may need to edit the
serializing  and deserializing logic inside the adb object
corresponding to the base type. And we may need to provide an API to
inform the types of the element type explicitly.

In a case you want to hack the generated code to have this
functionality, my idea is you better go through the adb_**_serialize
and adb_**_deserialize functions for the abstract type.

Thanks
Dimuthu