Posted to user@jclouds.apache.org by Andrew Gaul <ga...@apache.org> on 2017/07/03 22:05:03 UTC

remove Clojure support?

Does anyone use the jclouds Clojure bindings?  I raised this question
three years ago and despite some offers to help these bindings have seen
little activity:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ff486477fa5af2ef9448451111d6b998d12b39e144e7353ba7cca532@1392843883@%3Cuser.jclouds.apache.org%3E

These bindings add to jclouds maintenance and make evolving core APIs
harder.  Further they really belong outside of the jclouds repository.
I would like to remove these in 2.1.0 unless someone makes a compelling
case.

--
Andrew Gaul
http://gaul.org/

Re: remove Clojure support?

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.
> These bindings add to jclouds maintenance and make evolving core APIs
> harder.  Further they really belong outside of the jclouds repository.
> I would like to remove these in 2.1.0

+1 to remove. It should be easy enough to keep them in a separate
repository dependent on jclouds, if desired. Is there something like a
code scan for potential usage that we could run?

Regards

ap