Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Nathan Ander <na...@yahoo.com> on 2002/10/11 23:11:42 UTC

Lucene & Jetty

Hi all,

I'm building a web crawler, and would like to use Lucene to extend some of the indexng capabilities. I am using Jetty, but the documentation only talks about TomCat configuration. Can anyone help?

As a note, I have already built the crawling application and indexing functionality, but would simply like to replace some of it with the more sophisticated crawling features in Lucene.

Thanks

aj

faith.yahoo.com

Re: Lucene & Jetty

Posted by Clemens Marschner <cm...@lanlab.de>.
wait until you use it ;-) ...

Posted by Nathan Ander <na...@yahoo.com>.
LARW is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks x 1000.
nate
 Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com> wrote:Lucene doesn'include the crawler.
LARM is a web crawler project in Lucene Sandbox.
Consider using that for your application.
Lucene doesn't require a servlet container, but if you want to present
the search results or expose something else via the Web interface
you'll need something like Jetty, Tomcat, Resin, etc.
Servlet container and Lucene are really independent, and configuring
one doesn't really depend on the other.

Otis

--- Nathan Ander wrote:

> Hi,
> Thanks for the response. Yes, I agree Jetty is much better. I have an
> application that reads unstructured documents and structures the
> information into a knowledgebase using NLP and AI heuristics. The
> primitive crawler I have now is just a script that connects to and
> reads whatever URI I point it against. So I want to bring in Lucene
> to handle the crawling and data acquisition, while my program deals
> with the indexing.
> The documentation says that lucene needs a server "container", which
> I assume would be Jetty in my case, but I can't figure out how to
> plug the two together.
> -aj
> Ronald Muller wrote:I also use Jetty + Lucene,
> what exactly is the problem / are your questions
> concerning the use of Jetty (far more better than Tomcat, so stick to
> it)?
>
> Ronald

faith.yahoo.com

Re: Lucene & Jetty

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Lucene & Jetty

Posted by Nathan Ander <na...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,
 Ronald Muller <rk...@12move.nl> wrote:I also use Jetty + Lucene, what exactly is the problem / are your questions
concerning the use of Jetty (far more better than Tomcat, so stick to it)?

Ronald

> I'm building a web crawler, and would like to use Lucene to extend some of
the indexng capabilities. I am using Jetty, but the documentation only talks
about TomCat configuration. Can anyone help?

> As a note, I have already built the crawling application and indexing
functionality, but would simply like to replace some of it with the more
sophisticated crawling features in Lucene.

> Thanks
>
> aj

faith.yahoo.com

Re: Lucene & Jetty