Posted to mod_dtcl@tcl.apache.org by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com> on 2002/01/02 12:01:33 UTC

Re: "escaping" start/close tags in Tcl sections of tcl/html pages

Wojciech Kocjan <wo...@kocjan.org> writes:

> >>Which currently cause problems with the parser.  Thoughts?  Maybe
> >>at the same time, I can make it accept <?dtcl as well as <?,
> >>also...

> >     Hrmmm...  Couldn't we just check to see if we're already in a
> > block of code?

> I suppose a counter would be the easiest way to do it - when started
> it is 0, on evert "<?rivet" it is incremented by 1, on every "?>" it
> is decremented if the counter is >0.

Yes, that's how my new parser works.

> However, I suppose a problem would be with XML stuff like this:
> <?rivet
> puts "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"$encoding\"?>"
> ?>

Right..hrm...

> It will work with the above example. However, the following is a big
> problem:
>
> <?rivet
> proc php_end {} {
>      puts "?>"
> }
> proc php_begin {} {
>      puts "<?php "
> }
>
> php_begin
> puts "echo('test')"
> php_end
> ?>

Yuck, I think we are just going to have to tell people to escape it.
There are too many sneaky things like that.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: "escaping" start/close tags in Tcl sections of tcl/html pages

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.
Damon Courtney <da...@your.unreality.com> writes:

[ for rivet - don't worry, mod_dtcl folks:-) ]

>     So, I'm about to remove all of the upload stuff that has to do
> with the ::request::UPLOAD array.  Any objections?  We want the
> upload command to be the in-point for all of this information
> anyway, right?  Or, do we want to fold it into the var command
> somehow and even get rid of upload?

I would opt for keeping the upload command, as there are a few things
to be configured, and it has a reasonable set of sub-commands, so
keeping it would avoid choking up the 'var' command namespace.

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.