Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Vannia Rajan <kv...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/20 15:02:37 UTC

Posting multiple documents at once - clarification

Hi,

  When we post a file with a number of documents of the format shown below
to solr, if there is some 'error' in one of the <doc>, then all the <doc>s
in the file are error-ed out and not added to the Solr-index.

        <?xml....
        <add>
             <doc>
             </doc>
             <doc>
             </doc>
         </add>

    Is there any way by which we can tell solr to skip only the <doc>s that
have the actual error? or should we need to post each <doc> in a separate
file to achieve granularity in adding?

Vanniarajan

Re: Posting multiple documents at once - clarification

Posted by Vannia Rajan <kv...@gmail.com>.
2009/7/20 Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>

> if the error is an xml parsing error there is no way of continuing
> from that point. even otherwise , solr assumes that if the whole
> payload is not correct it is to be discarded

Thank you for your response

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.