Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Sean Bowman <pi...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/26 18:04:36 UTC

Updating a distributed collection

If we configure multiple servers to replicate an index and hide them
behind a load balancer, how exactly do we update documents to the
index?  Do we have to send updates just to the master server directly?
 Or does the slave somehow manage to forward the update request to the
master server behind the scenes?

Maybe there's more of a detailed guide to the master/slave
configuration I'm missing?  It seems mostly reference material on the
wiki.

Re: Updating a distributed collection

Posted by Sean Bowman <pi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.  Just wanted to check before we dove into configuring the load
balancers.

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.