Posted to users@tiles.apache.org by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/15 14:42:38 UTC

Re: Another "Attribute 'name' not found."

2007/10/15, Dean Pullen <de...@msp-uk.com>:
> The JSP  in sales_survey_section_1 uses the parent's attribute
> 'open.question' but I get the "Attribute 'name' not found." exception.

In which JSP is the "open.question" attribute inserted?

Antonio

Re: Another "Attribute 'name' not found."

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/10/15, Dean Pullen <de...@msp-uk.com>:

> I saw the FAQ point and also others on the mailing list with similar
> problems, yet I'm still un sure of how to do it.

Probably the problem is in the FAQ itself :-)
What exactly is not clear?

Antonio

RE: Another "Attribute 'name' not found."

Posted by Dean Pullen <de...@msp-uk.com>.
I think I've got it, well it's working anyway!

Thanks.

> What attribute does "open.definition" correspond to?

Whoops sorry, I meant "open.question" attribute. Does it clear it up?

Antonio

Scanned by MailDefender - managed email security from intY -
www.maildefender.net

Re: Another "Attribute 'name' not found."

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dean Pullen <de...@msp-uk.com>.
What attribute does "open.definition" correspond to?

Do you mean something like this?

<definition name="survey.layout" template="/survey/survey_layout.jsp">
		<put-attribute name="survey.top_tile"
value="/survey/survey_top_tile.jsp"/>

		<put-attribute name="open.question"
value="/survey/questions/open_question.jsp"/>
</definition>

<definition name="sales_survey_section_0.ext"
template="/survey/sales/survey_section_0.jsp">

</definition>

<definition name="sales_survey_section_0">
		<put-attribute name="survey_section"
value="sales_survey_section_0.ext"/>
</definition>

Or am I going wrong somewhere?

Originally it was:

<definition name="survey.layout" template="/survey/survey_layout.jsp">
		<put-attribute name="survey.top_tile"
value="/survey/survey_top_tile.jsp"/>

		<put-attribute name="open.question"
value="/survey/questions/open_question.jsp"/>
</definition>

<definition name="sales_survey_section_0" extends="survey.layout">
		<put-attribute name="survey_section"
value="/survey/sales/survey_section_0.jsp"/>
</definition>

r.net

RE: Another "Attribute 'name' not found."

Posted by Dean Pullen <de...@msp-uk.com>.
I saw the FAQ point and also others on the mailing list with similar
problems, yet I'm still un sure of how to do it.

Apologies.

Essentially, you need to create a definition that uses
survey_section_1.jsp
as template, and putting the value of the attribute "open.definition" in
this new definition.

HTH

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dean Pullen <de...@msp-uk.com>.