Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2009/11/23 21:53:59 UTC

The Maven web site has the wrong skin

Hi

It seems that someone has problems with their local
environment/repository. For the second time in a week the Maven site has
been published with maven-default-skin instead of maven-stylus-skin that
is specified in maven-parent.

I'm not sure why this is happening, but we need to get to the bottom of it.

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: The Maven web site has the wrong skin

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.

> Hmm, I updated the site not to add the skin since it is inherited from the
> parent. Maybe it's not actually being read from the repository?

It's sure because I just updated parent poms. I didn't install them.

Arnaud

Re: The Maven web site has the wrong skin

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 24/11/2009, at 10:12 AM, Arnaud HERITIER wrote:

> I updated my /pom dir in our svn (I don't know why it wasn't up to date) and
> ... it works
> I don't know what I had in my maven/asf pom to have this behavior.
>
> Sorry for the annoyance. I'll be more conscientious the next time (I'm too
> used that Maven just works ...)

Hmm, I updated the site not to add the skin since it is inherited from the parent. Maybe it's not actually being read from the repository?

- Brett

Re: The Maven web site has the wrong skin

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 10:39 PM, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:

> What version of Maven are you building it with?

I suppose/hope I did it with 2.2.1 before the trying 3.0

> I suggest always doing a sanity check with "mvn site" before deploying
> something.

I did it, but I focused only on the content I changed. I didn't noticed
about the skin because I'm seeing this one everyday ...

I just tested with 3.0-alpha-5, 2.2.1 and 2.0.11-RC1 : same problem

I removed the org/apache/maven/skins dir from my local repo : same problem
And I see maven downloading :
Downloading:
http://repository.exoplatform.org/content/groups/all/org/apache/maven/skins/maven-default-skin/1.0/maven-default-skin-1.0.jar

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.