Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michael Bouschen <mb...@spree.de> on 2005/12/23 22:31:20 UTC

NoClassDefFoundError on Windows

Hi Martin,

here is a simple test case showing the NoClassDefFoundError discussed in
JDO-194.I does a Class.forName for foo.bar when there is a class
foo.Bar. Attached you find a class Bar, please store it in a directory
foo. Class Main executes the Class.forName. I tried jdk 1.4.2_10 and
1.5.0_05. Both result in a NoClassDefFoundError: foo/bar (wrong name:
foo/Bar). You find the stacktraces attached.

Regards Michael

Tel.:++49/30/235 520-33		Buelowstr. 66
Fax.:++49/30/2175 2012		D-10783 Berlin

Re: NoClassDefFoundError on Windows

Posted by Martin Zaun <Ma...@Sun.COM>.
Michael,
it took me a while looking into this issue -- but having done so now,
my conclusion is that the descibed behaviour (which I could reproduce)
is NOT inconsistent with the VM spec.

I've added a comment with the relevant VM spec quote to
   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-194

In fact, ClassLoader.loadClass() is a place where LinkageErrors may
occur, which have to be dealt with.

Martin