Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Xavier AMBROSIONI <xa...@st.com> on 2005/04/21 12:39:39 UTC

Pb with thread and http-connector

Hi,

I'm running tomcat 4.1.31 on HP-UX 11i with the HotSpot JVM 1.4.2_02.
I'm using a Coyote HTTP/1.1 Connector.
I'm investigating the following memory issue : the heap size grows until
the -Xmx value and then the I have a java.lan.OutOfMemory exception.
Using HPjmeter to profile my appliation, I discovered that tomcat
creates new http thread and destroys the older. The number of thread is
stable (betwenn 5 and 10).
I don't understand that behavior and I suspect that it's related with my
memory issue.

Someone has an idea on that behavior ? Is it a normal one ?
How can I configure tomcat (or the coyote connector) to log why it
creates and kills thread ?

Thank you for your help

Xavier