Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Laurent Thoulon <la...@ldmobile.net> on 2014/04/30 09:53:44 UTC

Is there a way to share an opaque state across topologies ?

Hi ,

I've completly reworked one of my topologies so that it reads from only one aggregated spout instead of three spouts. The final operation is still the same though: persistentAggregate-sum the data to cassandra.
I'm using a KafkaSpout and a CassandraMap both in an opaque way. Now can my old topology and my new topology run at the same time and upgrade the same state ?

For what i understood i'm afraid the answer will be no as there will be a problem having two separate txids.

This leads me to an other question: if i just replace my old topology with the new one, does having changed the spouts will change the txid and again make the opaque state update faulty ?

Regards ,
Laurent