Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Daniel Klinger <dk...@web-computing.de> on 2016/04/27 12:14:46 UTC

Start MapReduce job with jar and arguments programatically

Hi,

i know i can start hadoop jobs like this:

hadoop jar myJob.jar org.foo.bar.MainClass --arg1 foo --arg2 bar

Now I would like to do this by JAVA-Code. My App is running within the
cluster and is started including the whole Hadoop-classpath. How can I start
the job by jar (found something with setJar but no explanation) and
especially how can I pass arguments like I would do in the console?

Kind regards

Daniel

Re: Start MapReduce job with jar and arguments programatically

Posted by Siddhisanket Raskar <sr...@udel.edu>.
Hi,

Why not write simple bash script for this. I understand, this not exactly
the answer for your question but unless you have to use java code, its not
bad option.

​id​
Raskar.

Posted by Ashutosh Kumar <as...@gmail.com>.