Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org> on 2006/10/07 17:10:40 UTC

Build failure in echo.databinding sample

I'm seeing a build failure in the echo.databinding sample:
testTransform(echo.DataBindingIntegrationTestCase)  Time elapsed:
1.403 sec  <<< ERROR!
org.apache.tuscany.spi.wire.InvocationRuntimeException:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: argument type mismatch
         at
org.apache.tuscany.core.databinding.impl.DataBindingInteceptor.invoke
(DataBindingInteceptor.java:76)
         at
org.apache.tuscany.spi.wire.AbstractOutboundInvocationHandler.invoke
(AbstractOutboundInvocationHandler.java:60)
         at
org.apache.tuscany.core.wire.jdk.JDKOutboundInvocationHandler.invoke
(JDKOutboundInvocationHandler.java:121)
         at $Proxy20.call(Unknown Source)
         at echo.ComponentAImpl.call(ComponentAImpl.java:50)
         at echo.DataBindingIntegrationTestCase.testTransform
(DataBindingIntegrationTestCase.java:34)

This seems to have crept in between r453850 (which works for me) and
r453900 (which doesn't) - I suspect r453857 may be causing this.
--
Jeremy

Re: Build failure in echo.databinding sample

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.
>> I also noticed it appears that mediation checks are performed at
>> runtime (DataBindingInterceptor, the mediator service). Can't we
>> do  that at wire post-processing time and avoid these dynamic checks?
>>

> I'll take a look. Probably we can fix it (at least optimize it)
> post M2.

Yep sounds like the right thing to do. I commented some of the unit
tests out but we have them to do development from when were are ready.

>> (As a separate issue, I believe this issue also highlights the
>> need  for integration level testing to catch these things)
>>

> Agree. There's also a discussion on the mailing list on the
> intergation testing.

Yes, this type of thing would be a primary candidate for the itests.

Re: Build failure in echo.databinding sample

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Please see my comments inline below.

Thanks,