Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Chris Blaise <cb...@esoft.com> on 2005/06/06 19:47:46 UTC

SpamAssassin CVS confusion

	We've recently upgraded from 3.0.1 to 3.0.3 and started having
problems which sound very similar to bug 4310.

	In trying to figure out what could have changed in spamd.raw between
those versions I looked at the CVS commits under
tags/spamassassin_release_3_0_1/ , tags/spamassassin_release_3_0_2/, and
tags/spamassassin_release_3_0_1/.  It didn't look like much changed.

	So as per the bug report, I downloaded today's "daily build" release
(spamassassin_20050606105134.tar.gz) and through CVS and noticed that there
is considerable work on spamd.raw that is not on the release branches.  I'm
a little confused because there are many commits that seem like they should
have been in the 3.0.3 release.  In particular, I noticed:

Revision 112029 - (view) (download) - [select for diffs] Modified Wed Dec 15
21:57:03 2004 UTC (5 months, 2 weeks ago) by jm File length: 80348 byte(s)
Diff to previous 109603 (colored) bug 3828: add new timeout support to
spamd, using guarnteed SIGALRM signals on all perl versions after 5.6, to
avoid out-of-control perl OPs from hanging.

	However, when I looked at the release 3.03 of spamd.raw, I don't see
this support in the code.  I guess my confusion is that will this work be in
the next release of SpamAssassin or will it continue to be on a
development-only branch?

 Thanks,
 Chris