Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Taral Shah <ta...@contechsoftware.com> on 2002/08/13 09:10:59 UTC

Query Regarding Tomcat 4.0.4

Hi,

First of all thanks for providing cgi support in Tomcat. I was waiting for
it since long.

I am using tomcat 4.0.4, the latest and stable version as specified by site.

I am facing some problem while handling the CGI with tomcat and I am unsure
about whom to ask the question so I am mailing you.
I hope I 'll get reply soon regarding this, as this is very crucial point
for our project.

Let me explain my problem first:

I am using tomcat 4.0.4. Here I have created my context and in it I have
mapped cgi. I am able to execute the cgi easily so no problem with
configuration. My small cgi scripts are getting executed easily so I dont
have problem with any type of configuration.

But it gets hang when the cgi response is very large(Not so much large but
just above 15-20 lines)

I am using tomcat in solaris and windows-nt both.
In windows-nt my cgi script is an exe file, It opens an socket with servlet
and reads all data supplied by that servlet. When data is small (i.e of
around 5 lines) It works fine and all response gets printed on browser, but
when data gets big(here around of 30 lines) it waits and waits and nothing
is being printed out on browser.
I executed the exe stand alone, it gets all response back so no problem with
exe(Actually that exe was working fine with other CGI server, VQ Server).
We decided to migrate to tomcat as now its supporting cgi, and We came
across this problem.

I changed the request time out to 1 mins-5 mins(i.e. 60000,300000 ms)  like
that but response didnt change.(same old waiting game)

While for solaris it can print up to 100-150 lines but when case comes of
300 or more lines it gets hang.

You mentioned in the help file
Can you please help me regarding this issue or give me email address or
forum name from where I can get the answer.

Waiting for your reply,
Thanks

Taral Shah
Software Engineer,
Contech Software Ltd.
tarals@contechsoftware.com

Experience is what you get when you were expecting something else.