Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Bruno Mignoni <mi...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/14 18:07:40 UTC

Eclipse + Maven2 + Tapestry 4.0.2

Does Anybody have a Tutorial to start a developing with Eclipse + Maven2 +
Tapestr 4.0.2?

I am beginer in Tapestry +  Java and I use Eclipse + WTP and is very slow.

Tks

--
__________________
Bruno Mignoni

Re: Eclipse + Maven2 + Tapestry 4.0.2

Posted by Hugo Palma <hu...@gmail.com>.
An easier option would be for you to use the Tapestry 4 archetype found
and explained here http://www.joshlong.com//jl/entry/20070227

I'm not sure but i think this archetype configures your pom for Tapestry
4.1, but if you want to use 4.0.2 you just have to change the version
number in the pom.xml file and your ready to go.

Posted by Bruno Mignoni <mi...@gmail.com>.

--
__________________

Posted by Hugo Palma <hu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Borut BolĨina <bo...@gmail.com>.
Hello, this is what I posted last summer on Maven list:

I configured Eclipse 3.2, WTP 1.5 and Maven 2.0.4 to play in the same band.
Here is how I prepared my environment for developing Tapestry web
applications:

   1. Create new Dynamic Web project with Eclipse. Enter src/main/webapp
   for Content Directory. Enter src/main/java for Java Source Directory.
   2. Install Eclipse plugin via Help/Software Updates/Find and Install (
   http://m2eclipse.codehaus.org/).
   3. Install Eclipse plugin for synchronizing WTP Web App Libraries with
   Maven dependencies (http://adam.kruszewski.name/eclipse/) also with
   Software Updates. See
   http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNGECLIPSE-105?page=all for more on
   this sync issue.
   4. Enable your project for Maven2 by right clicking on project and
   choosing Maven2/Enable. Enter POM values, don't forget to set war for
   Packaging. The icon indicating that your project is a WTP project will be
   replaced my small red letter m. Also Maven2 Dependencies library will show
   up (empty).
   5. Right click on your project in Package Explorer (I work in Java
   Perspective) and choose Properties. Find  LibCopy properties in the list
   and  check the only checkbox and be sure that Local folder points to
   src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/lib.
   6. Add dependent library  (say Tapestry) by right clicking the project
   and then Maven2/Add  Dependency. In the dialog type tapestry which will show
   up a list of possible artifacts. Choose   version 4.0.2 and wait for
   all jars to download (there should be 10). Maven2 Dependency library in
   Package Explorer should now contain references to jars in your local maven
   repository. Also  Web App Libraries should contain white jar icons with a
   small arrow in the lower right corner.
   7. Configure Tomcat (or any other container) in
   Preferences/Server/Installed Runtime and then attach your project to this
   server instance.
   8. Specific instructions for Tapestry can be found at
   http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/HowToSetupEclipseWtp

You can now change HTML _and_ Java source files without copying anything
anywhere. This is as rapid as it gets in pro/large web app development as
far as I can tell. Having HTML designer doing page mockups with Dreamweaver
_in parallel_ with Tapestry coder, both using Subversion, is a winning game
but this is already off-topic.

I hope this recipe will get you up to speed. There are issues with this, it
is not perfect. The other option is with Jetty Eclipse plugin or just plain
mvn jetty:run.

Cheers,
Borut