Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by paavan shah <pa...@rediffmail.com> on 2004/11/05 10:31:00 UTC

[users@httpd] apache startup problem

  hello guys!!
I am using apache 1.3.29 on my mandrake 9 machine.
when i start the server using apachectl start it starts the server and gives message "httpd started"
but when i check the status of the server using apachectl status i receive following error
Looking up localhost
Making HTTP connection to localhost
Alert!: Unable to connect to remote host.
lynx: Can't access startfile http://localhost/server-status

so please tell me what can be the reason for this.

regards,
pavan.

Re: [users@httpd] apache startup problem

Posted by Eimantas Vaiciunas <ei...@sc.vu.lt>.