Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by Minxuan Zhuang <z8...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/01 07:50:12 UTC

[VOTE]: Release Apache Dubbo OPS(Incubating) 0.1[RC2]

Hello Dubbo Community,

This is a call for the vote to release Apache Dubbo  OPS(Incubating)
version 0.1

The release candidates(RC2):
0.1:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/dubbo/dubbo-ops/0.1/

Git tag for this release:
0.1:  https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo-ops/releases/tag/0.1

Hash for the release tag:
0.1: 90b9e5662eb50c83ca2d4325ad025fa80a6cae38

Release Notes:
0.1:
*https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo-ops/releases/tag/0.1
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo-ops/releases/tag/0.1>*

The artifacts have been signed with Key: DA2108479B0C1E71, which can be
found in
the keys file:

*https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/dubbo/KEYS
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/dubbo/KEYS>*

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until the necessary number
of votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Thanks,
The Apache Dubbo (Incubating) Team

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache Dubbo OPS(Incubating) 0.1[RC2]

Posted by "Taosheng, Wei" <we...@foxmail.com>.
+1

From: Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri,Feb 1,2019 5:37 PM
To: dev <de...@dubbo.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache Dubbo OPS(Incubating) 0.1[RC2]

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache Dubbo OPS(Incubating) 0.1[RC2]

Posted by Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com>.
+1 to release dubbo admin 0.1

I checked the following item:

   1. Are release files in correct location? pass
   2. Do release files have the word incubating in their name? pass
   3. Are the digital signature and hashes correct? pass
   4. Does DISCLAIMER file exist? pass
   5. Do LICENSE and NOTICE files exists? pass
   6. Is the LICENSE and NOTICE text correct? pass
   7. Is the NOTICE year correct? pass
   8. Un-included software dependencies are not mentioned in LICENSE or
   NOTICE? pass
   9. License information is not mentioned in NOTICE? pass
   10. Is there any 3rd party code contained inside the release? If so: pass
   11. Does the software have a compatible license? pass
   12. Are all software licenses mentioned in LICENSE? pass
   13. Is the full text of the licenses (or pointers to it) in LICENSE? pass
   14. Is any of this code Apache licensed? Do they have NOTICE files? If
   so: pass
   15. Have relevant parts of those NOTICE files been added to this NOTICE
   file? pass
   16. Do all source files have ASF headers? pass
   17. Do the contents of the release match with what's tagged in version
   control? pass
   18. Are there any unexpected binary files in the release? pass
   19. Can you compile from source? Are the instruction clear? pass

I do notice there's one issue which should be fixed in the next release.
The binary distribution name doesn't look good. The current name is
'dubbo-admin-backend-0.1.jar', while in my opinion, 'dubbo-admin-0.1.jar'
is better. Since it is not a show-stopper, I still vote yes for this
release.

Regards,
-Ian.

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi Justin,

On Sun, Feb 3, 2019 at 7:16 AM Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Because what is included in the source release is several font files,
> > font files can not have source headers. So I think the COPYRIGHT.txt
> > is a variant of header-existing-copyright. According to [1], we should
> > move it to NOTICE.
>
> The copyright only get listed in NOTICE if it come from a software grant and the headers are changed to ASF headers in that software or it come from another ALv2 NOTICE file.
>
> In this case it should not be listed in NOTICE.

Thanks for the clarification. In this case I suggest to change to
boiler plate NOTICE file.

Apache Dubbo OPS (incubating)
Copyright 2018-2019 The Apache Software Foundation

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache Dubbo OPS(Incubating) 0.1[RC2]

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi Justin,

On Sat, Feb 2, 2019 at 7:05 PM Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Regarding the NOTICE file, I found there is no NOTICE for google fonts
> > roboto, but there is a COPYRIGHT.txt[1] file there, therefore I think
> > it is better to include it in the NOTICE file.
>
> I’ve not looked in detail but in general license info goes in LICENSE not NOTICE. Please don’t put anything in NOTICE that’s not needed.

The license info has already gone into LICENSE.

The reason why I suggest to change the NOTICE is because of
"header-existingcopyright"[1].

Because what is included in the source release is several font files,
font files can not have source headers. So I think the COPYRIGHT.txt
is a variant of header-existing-copyright. According to [1], we should
move it to NOTICE.

Could you please help to confirm it? This is the first time we've
encountered this. I am not quit sure about it.

If that is not the case, I think a boiler plate NOTICE file is enough.

[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#header-existingcopyright
[2] https://github.com/google/fonts/tree/master/apache/roboto

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache Dubbo OPS(Incubating) 0.1[RC2]

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Minxuan Zhuang <z8...@gmail.com>.
Thanks,I'll fix the license issue and the package name as well

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache Dubbo OPS(Incubating) 0.1[RC2]

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi,