Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by anil lakineni <an...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/21 15:18:20 UTC

Download of ROOT Volume failed with exception after some time in CCP 4.5

Hi CloudStackers,

I am using CloudPlatform 4.5.0 and XenServer 6.2.0

I was initiated volume download process at ROOT volume but due to file size
i got time out exception error

*Unable to Serialize: Job is cancelled as it has been blocking others for
too long*

*After the exception i did below steps:*

1. Changed some parameters in Global Settings to with hold the time to
complete download process in order to prevent time out exception for future
(because i have initiated volume download process again).

2. Restarted management service to effect changes which i changed in Global
Settings.

3. Before re-initiating volume download process, I had changed state entry
to 'Ready' of the desired volume in the Cloud Database *volumes *table,because
the state of the volume was not changed from 'migrating' state after job
failed. So for to see download volume button on desired volume to
re-initiate volume download process.

But it got failed with error "*Failed to copy the volume from the source
primary storage pool to secondary storage*"

4. Later when checked at cloud *volume store ref *table i saw that status
of entry is still in "Creating" state. So i just deleted this entire row
from the table.
But got the same error when initiated volume download process : 'Failed to
copy the volume from the source primary storage pool to secondary storage'

5. So that later i was removed .vhd (previously downloaded) file manually
from the volumes directory in secondary storage.

6. then i succeeded in re-initiating volume download process and it is
downloading now.

*Here my question is,*

a) Does all the steps which i have taken were true or not?

b) If job failed like the above error which i mentioned, should i wait for
some time to cleanup all the jobs by CloudStack automatically to
re-initiate job?

c) If the job failed with this type of timeout exception, does CloudStack
runs job in back ground irrespective of exceptions? because i have seen
that after this error exception the size of the .vhd file in volume
directory of secondary storage is keep on increasing.So i thought the job
was running in background after these type of timeout exceptions, am i
right?

Could any one please post your valuable recommendations on this scenario
and much appreciation for your answers on my questions.

Regards,
Anil.

Re: Download of ROOT Volume failed with exception after some time in CCP 4.5

Posted by anil lakineni <an...@gmail.com>.
Hello guys,

Please help me.We are experiencing a failure while downloading ROOT volume
from CS 4.5 and Xen 6.2 hosts.

The Download ROOT volume has been failed with an error "*Failed to copy the
volume from the source primary storage pool to secondary storage" *after 12
hrs of time (but the time out exception parameters (migratewait,
copy.volume.wait, job.cancel.threshold.minutes and job.expire.minutes)
value is 36 hrs) and i have seen in secondary storage volume directory that
nearly 137 GB of data was copied to secondary storage. The provisioned
volume disk size is 250 GB.

Any idea how to fix this? any one has recovered from this kind of issue
earlier? How do I resolve this issue?

Regards,
Anil.

Posted by anil lakineni <an...@gmail.com>.