Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Benjamin Rogge <fe...@benjamin-rogge.de> on 2014/07/28 12:14:35 UTC

Optional dependencies in the Bundle Plugin for Maven

Hello,
we are using the Apache Felix Bundle Plugin for Maven (version 2.4.0
with maven 3.2.1) and are having some trouble with optional
dependencies. We would like to include the spring-context dependency in
our bundle. We embed the dependencies with
<Embed-Dependency>*</Embed-Dependency> and
<Embed-Transitive>true</Embed-Transitive>. However this only includes
the non-optional dependencies and the optional dependencies are included
in the <Import-Package> Element. We are wondering, how we can achieve
one of the following:

1. Either embed all dependencies in a bundle including the optionals.
2. Or mark the resultion of the packages from the optional dependencies
in the <Import-Package> Element as 'optional'.

We are aware of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-954 and
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-2809, but are uncertain, if
there is a solution for our problems.

Thanks for your help,