Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Mahendra Kariya <ma...@go-jek.com> on 2017/04/11 03:21:49 UTC

auto.offset.reset for Kafka streams 0.10.2.0

Hey All,

Is the auto offset reset set to "earliest" by default in Kafka streams
0.10.2.0? I thought default was "latest".

I started a new Kafka streams application with a fresh application id and
it started consuming messages from the beginning.

Re: auto.offset.reset for Kafka streams 0.10.2.0

Posted by Mahendra Kariya <ma...@go-jek.com>.
Thanks for the clarification Matthais / Michael!

+1 to clear documentation around this because as far as I remember, default
for normal consumers is "latest" and since Streams internally use normal
consumers, the first intuition is that it will be "latest" for Streams as
well.

Best,
Mahendra

Posted by Michael Noll <mi...@confluent.io>.