Posted to user@struts.apache.org by David Jiao <dj...@landranger.com> on 2003/06/30 22:06:20 UTC

Struts 1.1 bean:write problem

Hi,

I developed my application using struts 1.0.2. Today I updated it to
struts 1.1 and found the following error messages (listed the end of
this mail).

I found the problem is in here.
<bean:write name="beanname" property="propertyname"/>
When property is a long (maybe numeric) value, it throws the exception.
It's ok when the property is a string.

Can somebody told my why they made this change and how I fix this?

Thanks,

David

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Cannot find message resources under
key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:254)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:684)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:432)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:356)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.doForward(RequestProcessor.java:1069)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(RequestProcessor.java:455)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:279)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1482)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:525)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:256)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2415)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:171)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:594)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:392)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:565)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:619)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

RE: Struts 1.1 bean:write problem

Posted by Steve Raeburn <st...@ninsky.com>.
Could you post the code that's causing the problem? The section of the
action that places the object you're trying to display and the jsp code that
displays it would be helpful.

Also, try getting the struts-blank application to work. Then at least we'll
know that Struts release 1.1 (it's good to be able to say that ;-) ) works
on your setup. If it does, then maybe you could try  add just the bean setup
and display code that you think is causing the problem.

Steve

Posted by David Jiao <dj...@landranger.com>.

Posted by Steve Raeburn <st...@ninsky.com>.