Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com> on 2003/06/23 20:59:00 UTC

[Jelly] SOAP headers and authentication

I've been looking at using Jelly to test my soap services, but am trying
to come up with a slick way of integrating soap headers into the
request.  Anyone got any great ideas?

It would be really easy to use just the normal authentication
(Call.setUsername/Call.setPassword)..  just add username/password
attributes to the <soap:invoke/> tag.  However, I need to use headers to
authenticate.

The only way I could think to get around this would be to construct the
whole soap request myself.  For example there could be an invoke tag
which instead of just taking parameters to the method, took a whole soap
request:

<soap:invoke target="http://localhost/some/service">

<soap:Envelope...> <soap:Header>..... etc etc.

</soap:invoke>

Is that feasible?  Or is there a Better Way? :)

- Dan

Re: [Jelly][Patch] InvokeRaw tag and Username/password support

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.
The patch I sent was bad.  Try this instead.

Posted by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Tuesday, June 24, 2003, at 11:40  AM, Dan Diephouse wrote:
> I decided to go ahead and create a <soap:invoke> tag that takes a
> whole soap request.  I called it <soap:invokeraw/>.  If anyone has a
> better name, I'm up for it :).  I found this is actually a great
> capability for testing since it allows me to completely simulate other
> toolkits - like MS.NET's Compact Framework.  I just capture the
> request with Axis's tcpmon and throw it into jelly.

neat. can you add the patch to the Jelly issue-tracking system so it
doesn't get forgotten? Thanks!!

http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10012

-pete

[Jelly][Patch] InvokeRaw tag and Username/password support

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.
I decided to go ahead and create a <soap:invoke> tag that takes a whole
soap request.  I called it <soap:invokeraw/>.  If anyone has a better
name, I'm up for it :).  I found this is actually a great capability for
testing since it allows me to completely simulate other toolkits - like
MS.NET's Compact Framework.  I just capture the request with Axis's
tcpmon and throw it into jelly.

So I use it like this:

   	<soap:invokeraw endpoint="http://localhost/some/service"
   			var="response">

   	  <soap:Envelope ....>
	   <soap:Header>
	      Your headers
	   </soap:Header>
	   <soap:Body>
	      <ns:yourMethod />
	   </soap:Body>
	  </soap:Envelope>

   	</soap:invokeraw>

Also in the patch is username/password support for the invoke tag.  That
  one isn't well tested though.

Cheers,

- Dan