Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Samuel Fleischle <sf...@key-software.com> on 2007/10/12 13:57:48 UTC

Problem with ForwardAction after update from Struts 1.2.9 to 1.3.8

Hello,
I updated from Struts 1.2.9 to Struts 1.3.8. Now I have the following problem in my ForwardActions. Here is an example of what I want to do:

I have the following code in my admin module:

<action path="/index" type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction"
	parameter="/WEB-INF/pages/admin/index.jsp"/>

In Struts 1.2.9 this code worked fine and if I called the URL
http://localhost:8080/myapp/admin/index.do I got the correct index.jsp.
But now in Struts 1.3.8 Struts is going to search for the page
/admin/WEB-INF/pages/admin/index.jsp because I am in the admin module.

Is here any solution to get Struts 1.3.8 running for my issue?

Regards,
Sam

Re: Problem with ForwardAction after update from Struts 1.2.9 to 1.3.8

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
Are you using the ComposableRequestProcessor or just the RequestProcessor
for the controller?

Paul

On 10/25/07, Samuel Fleischle <sf...@key-software.com> wrote:

> Yes I´m sure, I only changed the Jars and replaced the contextRelative
> attribute in my JSPs and in my Struts config.
>
> Meanwhile I wrote my own ForwardAction with copy & paste and changed the
> following code:
>
> Current code in ForwardAction:
> ActionForward retVal = new ActionForward(path);
>
> My code:
> ActionForward retVal = new ActionForward(null, path, false, "");

RE: Problem with ForwardAction after update from Struts 1.2.9 to 1.3.8

That sounds like a bug to me. Are you sure this is the behavior and nothing
has changed from your upgrade?

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.