Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by new_user_on_forum <Ki...@raytheon.co.uk> on 2011/01/05 12:30:40 UTC

pom upload issue

Our Maven project is a multi-module set up with approximately 20 modules.
I have noticed an issue whereby a project will fail to build as a dependent
project has a mal-formed pom uploaded into the repo and so Maven will fail
with an error stating that it was expecting closing tags etc.

Looking at the pom in the version control system the pom is well formed and
valid.

The issue arises when Continuum is installing the artifacts into the repo
after a sucessful build. The pom is written to the repo is its entirity and
then a chunk of the pom is removed leaving only a file of size 4096 bytes.
Interestinly we have poms of size > 4096 bytes that always are sucessfully
uploaded into the repo by Continuum.

I have opened in the pom in a hex editor and see no 'bad' character at the
4096k position in the file.
This issue does not present itself when building on the command line with
maven.
I don't see any issues in the Continuum log file to indicate that there has
been a problem.

We are using version 1.3.6 build 919943.

Re: pom upload issue

Posted by new_user_on_forum <Ki...@raytheon.co.uk>.
Continuum is downloading the pom from the source control tool to its working
directory and then passed to Maven. I'm also going to try to roll back to
version 1.2.3 of Continuum to determine if I experience the same issue.
A patch to log what is happening would be most helpful.

Re: pom upload issue

Posted by Louis Smith <dr...@gmail.com>.

Re: pom upload issue

Posted by new_user_on_forum <Ki...@raytheon.co.uk>.