Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2002/09/14 03:13:13 UTC

Weirdness regarding that Jaguar setpgrp autoconf test

Unfortunately, I've confirmed with APR that if autoconf tests
setprgp(1,1), results in:

   checking whether setpgrp takes no argument... yes

whereas with setpgrp(0,0) it returns 'no' as it should (setpgrp
under Darwin *does* take an argument). So the bug report actually
*is* valid... autoconf.m4f should use setpgrp(0,0)

Geez...

Re: Weirdness regarding that Jaguar setpgrp autoconf test

Posted by Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>.
On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 09:13:13PM -0400, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Unfortunately, I've confirmed with APR that if autoconf tests
> setprgp(1,1), results in:
>
>    checking whether setpgrp takes no argument... yes
>
> whereas with setpgrp(0,0) it returns 'no' as it should (setpgrp
> under Darwin *does* take an argument). So the bug report actually
> *is* valid... autoconf.m4f should use setpgrp(0,0)

The reason this is probably not a problem at all for Apache on
Darwin is because we just use setsid() instead.

-aaron

Re: Weirdness regarding that Jaguar setpgrp autoconf test

Posted by Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>.