Posted to dev@edgent.apache.org by Susan Cline <ho...@pacbell.net> on 2016/03/17 15:43:01 UTC

Removing an old branch

Hi,

A week or so back I was having a problem with my eclipse environment.  I created a new fork, cloned it and blew away the old clone.

Prior to removing the old clone I tried to remove the branch “console_improvements”.  (This was before stuff was mirrored at git hub)
I got an error, which unfortunately I do not recall what it said.

Now when you look both at github -
https://github.com/apache/incubator-quarks/branches

and apache
- https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-quarks.git

you can see it as a branch.

Does anyone know how I can get rid of it?

Thanks,

Susan

Re: Removing an old branch

Posted by Susan Cline <ho...@pacbell.net>.
Thank you, yes, it did.  I removed it from apache, and eventually the mirror figured out it was gone.

Re: Removing an old branch

Posted by Dan Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com>.
> On Thursday, March 17, 2016 7:43 AM, Susan Cline <ho...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Does anyone know how I can get rid of it?

Does this help?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2003505/delete-a-git-branch-both-locally-and-remotely

Dan.