Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Ken Turner <ke...@kbturner.co.uk> on 2009/12/07 14:15:36 UTC

FTP works in 1.6.5, fails in 1.7.1

I have the following code snippet:

		<ftp 	server="${oc4j.host.name}"
			remotedir="trips/schemas/${target.schemas.path}${hyphen.app.name.suffix}"
			chmod="0777"
			userid="${ftp.userid}"
			password="${ftp.password}">
			<fileset dir="${tripsrootdir}Java/Projects/trips-types">
				<include name="**/*.xml"/>
				<include name="**/*.xsd"/>
			</fileset>
		</ftp>

With Ant 1.6.5, this works fine, but with Ant 1.7.1 it appears to
successfully copy one file, and then falls over with a null pointer
exception.

Have I missed something here?

Re: FTP works in 1.6.5, fails in 1.7.1

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2010-01-26, Simon Keen <si...@allysystems.com> wrote:

> I can get the ftp put to work but if I include a chmod or try to use the
> chmod action it affects the first file in the fileset and then crashes with
> a null pointer error. It does perform the chmod on the first item in the
> list.

> I was using 1.7.1 so I upgraded to 1.8.0RC1 and it is a more extreme stack
> dump.

sounds interesting.

Could you please open a bugzilla issue and include the stack trace?

Thanks

        Stefan

Re: FTP works in 1.6.5, fails in 1.7.1

Posted by Simon Keen <si...@allysystems.com>.
Any news on this one as I seem to be hitting a related problem?  I noticed
you had a chmod entry in your ftp put.

I can get the ftp put to work but if I include a chmod or try to use the
chmod action it affects the first file in the fileset and then crashes with
a null pointer error. It does perform the chmod on the first item in the
list.

I was using 1.7.1 so I upgraded to 1.8.0RC1 and it is a more extreme stack
dump.

In case it is of any use I am executing the script on a Windows machine but
the remote end of the FTP is an Ubuntu linux machine.

Re: FTP works in 1.6.5, fails in 1.7.1

Posted by Antoine Levy Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Hello Ken,

would you mind sending a stack trace ? If you run your build with ant
-verbose, the output will finish with the stack trace.
Maybe this is a new, unknown bug, which should be entered in bugzilla.
Regards,

Antoine