Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Paul Colby <pa...@colby.id.au> on 2011/03/28 12:34:38 UTC

CMake status?

Hi everyone,

Just wondering, what is the official status of CMake support in Qpid?

It seems to me (I know very little about CMake) that the existing
SWIG-based bindings are not being built by CMake, despite the presence
of CMakeList.txt files... is this just because they're still a work in
progress, or because I'm a CMake n00b? ;)

PS - I'm not bothering to report the actual CMake issues I'm seeing,
since this is no CMake support group... just tell me if it's supposed
to work, and if so, I'll figure it out ;)

Thanks,

Paul.
----
http://colby.id.au

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: CMake status?

Posted by Paul Colby <pa...@colby.id.au>.
Ah, I see... that explains what I'm seeing :)

Thanks,

Paul.
----
http://colby.id.au

Re: CMake status?

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.

Re: CMake status?

Posted by Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>.
On 03/28/2011 06:34 AM, Paul Colby wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Just wondering, what is the official status of CMake support in Qpid?
>
> It seems to me (I know very little about CMake) that the existing
> SWIG-based bindings are not being built by CMake, despite the presence
> of CMakeList.txt files... is this just because they're still a work in
> progress, or because I'm a CMake n00b? ;)

They are a work in progress.  Cmake does a much nicer job of building
Swig-based bindings than does automake.  I built the Cmake script for
the bindings/qpid subdirectory.  I (or somebody else) needs to do the
same for the other bindings.

-Ted

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org